The rules for the triple jump are quite simple for an athlete. An athlete simply needs to do the following.
- Start the jump before the board. If they go over the foul line on the take-off board, the attempt will be discarded as a foul.
- When jumping, the athlete must land on the same foot used to take-off (Hop).
- During the second phase, the athlete must land on the opposing foot and initiate the third phase of the jump.
- The athlete can land in the sand.
- The measured distance will be measured from the closest mark in the sand to the take-off point.
You can also check out the triple jump rules via the following links.
Get a free "Triple jump cheat sheet" to beat your personal best in the triple jump!
Sign up to learn more about the exercises, drills, and techniques that will help you win in the triple jump!