Master the triple jump using drills taught by some of the world’s most respected coaches!
- Discover a variety of approach drills that ensure athletes are in position for maximum distance
- Get jumping and bounding drills that build from small steps to the whole process
- Receive a triple jump progression that will quickly lead to improved performance
- Michael Pullins – USC Assistant Coach
- Tim Cawley – University of Idaho Director of Track & Field and Cross Country
- Stacey Smith – Baylor University Assistant Coach
- Gary Derks – Cinco Ranch High School (TX) Head Coach
- Dick Booth – University of Florida Assistant Coach
- Travis Geopfert – University of Arkansas Associate Head Coach
- Cliff Rovelto – Kansas State University Head Coach
- Nick Kohl – Wartburg College Assistant Coach
- Kyle Tellez – University of Houston Associate Coach
- Jim VanHootegem – University of Oklahoma Head Coach
- Jeremy Fischer – Head Coach and Lead Instructor at the Chula Vista USATF High Performance Training Center
- Irving “Boo” Schexnayder – Director of the CAP Elite Training Center; LSU Strength Coach
- Will Freeman – Grinnell College Head Coach
Championship Productions has amassed a wide variety of triple jump drills in its vast coaching library over the years, and this video is the singular source where the best drills have been brought together! You’ll get proven exercises from many of the nation’s respected triple jump instructors in one conveniently packaged location. If you’re looking for a single source of triple jump drills, this is the video you need!
Approach Run Mechanics
You’ll get several top tier drills that demonstrate proper approach run mechanics. One of the most comprehensive drill series presented is by Travis Geopfert, in which athletes are taught different ways to start the approach run, acceleration mechanics and cues, and penultimate and take off mechanics. Also, Geopfert gives a detailed explanation of why he advocates using a mid-mark with his athletes and how to determine the mark for each athlete.
Three Phases of the Triple Jump
Several coaches demonstrate drills that teach athletes how to execute the three phases of the triple jump. One drill series that stands out is a bounding series demonstrated by Stacy Smith and one of her athletes. This series teaches athletes the proper foot strike, arm action, and rhythm needed to properly execute the triple jump. Additionally, several drills are demonstrated that teach takeoff and landing technique for maximum efficiency.
Strength and Conditioning
The video concludes with several event specific strength and conditioning drills. One excellent series of strength training drills is presented by Wartburg College coach Nick Kohl. His drills help jumpers develop explosive power and the needed reactive ability to be able to compete at a high level.
This video provides every drill you’ll ever need to teach the triple jump – don’t miss out on adding it to your coaching library!
98 minutes. 2019.
There are no reviews yet.